EFT information problems

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
benjpratt

EFT information problems

Postby benjpratt » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:27 pm

In our district, we have had recurring problems when inputting member banking information for expenses reimbursements. The 2 major issues are as follows:

1. The system requires adding a banking SWIFT number before a payment can be made, but the box remains grey and will not allow me to type a number in it. When I add all other details, including the correct IBAN, the system will not accept the payment details. It states the SWIFT number must be included and that the IBAN is incorrect. The IBAN has been checked several times and is correct and the SWIFT box continues to remain grey and will not allow me to type in it.

2. Even if the EFT information is allowed to be entered, the system seems to require 2 individuals to be present at the same time on the same computer to verify and digitally sign the EFT information as being correct before it will be accepted. In light of current circumstances with the pandemic and church buildings remaining closed, there is no way of 2 leaders being present together to verify the EFT information. This seems strange as even after the data has been entered it still needs second level approval before the payment can be made.

Any help on how to overcome these issues would be very appreciated.

Thanks
District Clerk
Limerick, Ireland

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: EFT information problems

Postby lajackson » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:07 pm

benjpratt wrote:1. The system requires adding a banking SWIFT number before a payment can be made,
2. the system seems to require 2 individuals to be present at the same time on the same computer to verify and digitally sign the EFT information

Any help on how to overcome these issues would be very appreciated.

I would start with your mission or area office.
#1 is a programming issue that I believe only the Church will be able to resolve.
#2 is a requirement for financial security reasons. There probably will be others in your area who will have suggestions on how to work with the two verifier/approver requirement.

scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: EFT information problems

Postby scgallafent » Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:36 pm

benjpratt wrote:2. Even if the EFT information is allowed to be entered, the system seems to require 2 individuals to be present at the same time on the same computer to verify and digitally sign the EFT information as being correct before it will be accepted. In light of current circumstances with the pandemic and church buildings remaining closed, there is no way of 2 leaders being present together to verify the EFT information. This seems strange as even after the data has been entered it still needs second level approval before the payment can be made.

If you scan the documentation into LCR-Finance, you do not have to have two signers present at the computer at the same time.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”