Can I donate Fast Offerings to a different ward online?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
wilcocka

Can I donate Fast Offerings to a different ward online?

Postby wilcocka » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:33 pm

I want to donate to funeral expenses for a family not in my ward. I was told to donate fast offerings to that family's ward. Can I do that using the online donations tool?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can I donate Fast Offerings to a different ward online?

Postby russellhltn » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:09 pm

No. Even if you did, it wouldn't make a difference. All Fast Offering funds are immediately swept to church headquarters. So regardless of what ward you donate to, it ends up in the same place.

Nor does it change the funds that are available to the ward.

The only thing it might change is that wards that disburse more than they take in may receive increased scrutiny from the church.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

BrianEdwards

Re: Can I donate Fast Offerings to a different ward online?

Postby BrianEdwards » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:52 pm

To me it's a bit like if a friend was having surgery and required a blood transfusion, I could go to my local blood donation center and donate. Even if my blood wasn't actually used for my friend, when my friend and his family know that I donated blood, they'll consider it as if I had donated directly to my friend.

For cases when someone desires a more direct way to donate to specific funeral expenses, often the family can put you in contact directly with the funeral home, or you could pay for something like flowers, or make a contribution to a foundation the family is directing funds towards.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”