New statements and budget procedures are on the way

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
ecotim

Cubs

Post by ecotim »

Hi,
I hope I hit the right place, new to this stuff. I was reading in the WiKi about CUBS and found that missionary allotments would be automatic, and that to not create a subcategory for a new missionary, sinc ethe system will do it automatically.
First this is cool, think it is great.
But we have a YM that is about to go out, and I already received a donation from someone for his mission. Since I can not delete a subcategory for three years will CUBS hiccup on this? Should I transfer the money and hide him?

Thank you
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

ecotim wrote:... we have a YM that is about to go out, and I already received a donation from someone for his mission. Since I can not delete a subcategory for three years will CUBS hiccup on this? Should I transfer the money and hide him?
I see no reason to change the way you have been doing things. However the transition to CUBS will work, it will have to deal with tens of thousands of currently serving missionaries. Having one more won't hurt. So I say you just create a subcategory for this new missionary just like any other missionaries who are serving.

That CUBS wiki page is interesting, but we have received no official direction to change the way we actually process missionary donations and expenses. So keep on doing things the current way until otherwise instructed.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
freedom55

Post by freedom55 »

Does anyone know whether this new system will facilitate electronic delivery of the Stake Summary, just as we now receive electronic delivery of the CUFS?

Return to “Local Unit Finance”