Oct statement

Discuss questions around local unit policies for budgeting, reconciling, etc. This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
crislapi

Oct statement

Post by crislapi »

The October statement was sent down tonight. It is just for pre-CUBS so only covers Oct 1 - Oct 19. It overwrote/replaced the previous "October" statement, which was in fact September. Odd since the download date of the Oct 2010 statement stayed as Oct 1.

Anyway, if you want an electronic copy of your September statement you will have to request it.
dlcampnell

Post by dlcampnell »

Regarding the Oct Financial Statement:

Pg 4, sec VIII YTD summary is IDENTICAL to the YTD summary of the Sept Financial Statement, meaning the Oct 1-Oct 19 Financial activity is NOT reflected in the YTD summary numbers on the Oct Statement!! This means that the "Total Amount Transfered YTD" Under the Budget column on the Oct statement probably does not match the Total Amount Transfered YTD (Budget) on the "income and Expense Summary Report 1 Jan-Oct 24" which you used to verify that the correct total YTD Budget expense matched, pre CUBS vs Post CUBS. The difference, basically, should be the total budget checks you wrote between Oct 1 and Oct 19.

I think the difference in these two YTD Budget Transfer numbers has to be considered by Stake clerks as they write the Budget Checks to the wards. Please tell me if which is the correct calculation for the ward budget check which the stake is to write to cover the ward expenses through the end of the year:

Option one: total annual ward budget allocation, less YTD budget transfer amount (per the YTD Budget transfer amount, on the Oct 19 Fin Statement)=Ward Budget check amount.

Option Two: total annual ward budget allocation, less YTD budget transfer amount (as shown on the Income and Expense report Jan1-Oct 24)=Ward Budget check amount.

(I hope Option one is the correct answer.)

Thanks for all of your great help and input.
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

dlcampnell wrote:I think the difference in these two YTD Budget Transfer numbers has to be considered by Stake clerks as they write the Budget Checks to the wards. Please tell me if which is the correct calculation for the ward budget check which the stake is to write to cover the ward expenses through the end of the year:
The answer is neither one.

It certainly is not option 1, since that doesn't include the budget checks written in October through October 17 (I haven't examined an October CUFS yet, so I'm taking your word that those checks are not included). The budget money that was given to the stake already had the sum of all those budget checks for all units deducted, so the stake cannot pass on to the wards money it didn't receive.

The stake will be working off the stake financial summary, which shows what each unit has spent from the Budget category for the year, according to CHQ records. If each unit has properly accounted for all budget expenses, then the figures the stake uses for budget expenditures should theoretically match an Income and Expense report generated by each unit for the year through October 17. But that's a big IF -- in my experience there are often some differences.
Questions that can benefit the larger community should be asked in a public forum, not a private message.
johnshaw

Post by johnshaw »

any chance we an get an official word on When the Final pre-Cubs Stake Financial Summary will be sent? Would it be possible to have a pdf automatically sent to the Stake MLS?
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

dlcampnell wrote:I think the difference in these two YTD Budget Transfer numbers has to be considered by Stake clerks as they write the Budget Checks to the wards.
Stake clerks actually will not use the CUFS at all when they cut your budget check. Stakes receive the SFS, which lists each ward's YTD expenses. It is recommended that the stake cut each unit a check equal to their 2010 budget minus the YTD expenses as shown on the final SFS (should be received this week by the Stake President). However, stakes may need to make adjustments to this amount depending on what the 2010 remaining balance is.

My CUFS last night correctly showed 4 checks I had cut on the 17th.
jshawut wrote:any chance we an get an official word on When the Final pre-Cubs Stake Financial Summary will be sent? Would it be possible to have a pdf automatically sent to the Stake MLS?
I know it was "officially" sent out last week by mail. My stake president gave me one he received in the mail last week, but it was for May 2010. Oddly enough, our May 2010 SFS never arrived in June so maybe it finally found its way home.

PDF's of the SFS are not sent down to MLS although their equivalent for CUBS will come through MLS like the CUFS (at least that's my understanding from the documentation. No promises). CHQ can send a pdf of the SFS through ldsmail or to the Stake President's personal email if it's in CDOL, but they will only do it if the mailed one does not arrive (my May 2010, for example).

When I called to tell them I'd gotten the May SFS instead of Octobers, I was told to wait at least until the end of this week since they had "just been sent out".
crislapi

Post by crislapi »

I have been trying to help a ward identify why they have a negative balance in other post-CUBS. I take great comfort and relief in the fact that the balance of their Other account is $0 on this latest statement.

Return to “Local Unit Finance”