Release if person is called but not set apart?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mkng1

Release if person is called but not set apart?

Postby mkng1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:59 pm

We have two individuals called, one sustained and one not, who have not been set apart. What's the protocol for releasing them? Even necessary? Couldn't find anything in handbook.

Thanks.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Release if person is called but not set apart?

Postby russellhltn » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:40 pm

Personally, I'd release the person sustained. As for the one not sustained, I'd let them know they're released (if it wasn't already obvious such as they've moved out of the unit.)

But that's just me.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Release if person is called but not set apart?

Postby lajackson » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:49 pm

russellhltn wrote:But that's just me.

And me. I would release the person who was sustained in the same meeting. Members should not know about the one who was not sustained, and there is no reason for a public release since that person was never sustained publicly. But you should keep both members fully informed about what is happening.

I was once called to a position on Tuesday, released on Thursday by the person who called me, called at the same time to another position, and sustained to that latter position on Sunday.

It was a very interesting week.

Return to “Membership Help”