Profile Picture Guidelines

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
galoramirez

Profile Picture Guidelines

Post by galoramirez »

Are there guidelines for what to submit as a profile picture? I have a ward member that submitted a nature/scenic photo for their profile. The individual is not in the photo. I read the guidelines regarding not using copyrighted material, or there being anything lewd or inappropriate in the photo, etc., and this seems to meet all those criteria, but it isn’t a picture of the actual person. I tried to find any guidance on this, but was unsuccessful. Does anyone know if a policy on photos such as this exists?
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Profile Picture Guidelines

Post by rmrichesjr »

On the "Manage Photos" page in LCR, in the light-bluish bar, there is a link labeled 'photo upload guidelines': https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/hel ... s?lang=eng

The last point: "The photo should accurately depict the individual. The photo should not be modified to alter the individual's appearance, should not impersonate others, be a caricature, and so forth."

Return to “Membership Help”