Missionary Email Added to Ward Email List

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sly7

Missionary Email Added to Ward Email List

Post by sly7 »

Hello clerks

Missionaries assigned to our ward have asked if their church issued email address can be added to our ward list so they are copied on ward level communication from ward leaders.

Other than maintaining individual missionaries as out-of-unit members, is there any way to allow missionaries to be copied on emails?

Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Missionary Email Added to Ward Email List

Post by russellhltn »

I'm not aware of any way. You might want to make sure that they're showing up as missionaries in the ward. (I'm looking at Member Tools > Missionary.)

That's controlled by the mission office.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I looked at the Missionary tab of the Ward Directory and Map to see which missionaries were assigned to my ward. In addition to the two sisters who are assigned, I see at least 8 other missionaries listed. I wonder if our mission office simply assigned the entire district to each ward within the district?

As for the OP, none of these missionaries are listed as choices for Send a Message in LCR.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

One other option if the systems don't allow it is to ask the Ward mission leader to forward those emails to the missionaries
rhoades20

Post by rhoades20 »

I had this question too.
It seems emails from their home ward can go to a missionary serving from a ward (because their records are still in the ward they serve from).
But the missionary has no easy automatic way to get ward emails for the ward they are serving in.
The ward-mission-leader-forward-them method isn't always reliable.

I went to the LCR Send a Message page and sent feedback to the Church to see if they can help us better communicate with missionaries serving in our wards.
sgb120

Post by sgb120 »

Anyone come up with a solution to this?
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

rhoades20 wrote:But the missionary has no easy automatic way to get ward emails for the ward they are serving in.
rhoades20 wrote:Anyone come up with a solution to this?
There is no way currently to add the missionary email address to the Send a Message tool in LCR. But this does not mean the missionaries cannot be included in email blasts as long as the sender is a aware that they may have to send their email blast content in individual messages to the missionaries using the missionary contact information found in the online Ward Directory and Map or in Member Tools.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?

Return to “Membership Help”