Change Head of Household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
rtietjen

Re: Change Head of Household

Post by rtietjen »

I added a new husband to a sister in our ward, and since I did it under "Add Household Members", it pulled him in, and left her as the Head of Household. To fix it, I went back in and Split the household (without changing the address). And then I went into his record, and pulled the sister into his household. Now he is the Head. I assume you could do the opposite if you are trying to make the sister the Head.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

I suspect you should also record the marriage, probably as the first thing. That should form the household automatically.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Failure to record the marriage first is likely to cause the sister to become an "other" (like a child) instead of taking the "spouse" position
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”