Membership audit exceptions

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
drepouille

Membership audit exceptions

Post by drepouille »

After the membership audit is submitted, how can the clerk print a report of the audit exceptions?

I know there are Print buttons at each step of the audit, but if the clerk forgets to click the Print button at the point where it will print a report of audit exceptions, is that information lost after the audit window is closed?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
gbates

Re: Membership audit exceptions

Post by gbates »

After you finish every section of the audit, you then are instructed to print the exceptions (which both the clerk and the bishop/branch president sign), make a copy of the signed report, and file the original with ward membership information and send the copy with the stake clerk. This is on the same screen as where you submit the completed audit to the administration office.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

We now have access to the results of membership audits in LCR:
https://www.lds.org/mls/mbr/report/reco ... ing-status
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
mwgrover

Post by mwgrover »

I have a different question about the exceptions.

We have had a few instances where clerks have checked boxes thinking there was an error to correct, and then saved and submitted the audit. Later we discover that there is nothing to correct and want to clear the exception from the stake report. How do we do that without actually changing the membership record if the system is expecting a change that we have discovered does not need to be made?

I have tried going back into the audit but once it is submitted, the boxes are all unchecked again. But the exception still shows up on the stake report.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

mwgrover wrote:We have had a few instances where clerks have checked boxes thinking there was an error to correct, and then saved and submitted the audit. Later we discover that there is nothing to correct and want to clear the exception from the stake report. How do we do that . . .
The only way I know to do that is to complete the audit again, which will generate a new report.
jtyewhit

Post by jtyewhit »

I'm wondering why they don't update the instructions to indicate that you don't have to print it out and sign it anymore. Is that because there are still units that do this via paper?
My take is that we don't print and sign and submit this anymore since the results are online. Yes?

Return to “Membership Help”