Young Single Adult ages 18-30 with children and/or a spouse

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Ipiu2

Young Single Adult ages 18-30 with children and/or a spouse

Post by Ipiu2 »

Our YSA report includes members who have non-member children and/or a non-member spouse.

What options do we have to have their names not come up in the YSA report? Most of these members are inactive. (The question is regarding record management and not necessarily HT/VT :))

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Re: Young Single Adult ages 18-30 with children and/or a spo

Post by aebrown »

Ipiu2 wrote:Our YSA report includes members who have non-member children and/or a non-member spouse.

What options do we have to have their names not come up in the YSA report? Most of these members are inactive. (The question is regarding record management and not necessarily HT/VT :)
You need to record the marriages and children; otherwise MLS and LCR will have no way of knowing that these are not single, childless, young adults. It can be difficult to gather information about nonmembers spouses or children from inactive members, but you don't need a lot of details; you might be able to gather the information from public records, or the inactive members may well be willing to give you the information if you ask nicely (it's worth a try).
Ipiu2

Post by Ipiu2 »

aebrown wrote: You need to record the marriages and children; otherwise MLS and LCR will have no way of knowing that these are not single, childless, young adults. It can be difficult to gather information about nonmembers spouses or children from inactive members, but you don't need a lot of details; you might be able to gather the information from public records, or the inactive members may well be willing to give you the information if you ask nicely (it's worth a try).

Our stake has set a goal to have sacrament meeting attendance up to 85% by December 2015. I think the current number is 40%.

How, if any, does the non-member spouse and/or children affect sacrament attendance report if they were added to a record of a spouse who is a member?

What are the differences between a non-member spouse and/or children from children who only have a membership record because they were blessed as a child but were never baptized with regards to sacrament attendance report or other reports?

Do those individuals who were blessed but were not baptized members affect the sacrament attendance report?

Thanks!
aebrown
Community Administrator

Post by aebrown »

Ipiu2 wrote:Our stake has set a goal to have sacrament meeting attendance up to 85% by December 2015. I think the current number is 40%.

How, if any, does the non-member spouse and/or children affect sacrament attendance report if they were added to a record of a spouse who is a member?
Not at all. Nonmembers are not members, so they don't affect the denominator of any attendance percentages.
Ipiu2 wrote:What are the differences between a non-member spouse and/or children from children who only have a membership record because they were blessed as a child but were never baptized with regards to sacrament attendance report or other reports?

Do those individuals who were blessed but were not baptized members affect the sacrament attendance report?
The same answer. Once a child of record reaches the age of 9 without being baptized, they no longer show up in any attendance statistics.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ipiu2 wrote:Our YSA report includes members who have non-member children and/or a non-member spouse.
Having a spouse is clearly a significant issue, since they are no longer single, but I don't recall "childless" as being part of the definition of "YSA". Yes, it does make a difference in some situations, but I don't think it makes a difference in the YSA classification.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bass679

Post by bass679 »

I believe they are considered YSA if they do NOT have custody of their kids, at least from a ward attendance standpoint. I'm not sure about in rolls thought. I'd assume that only having a spouse affects that. Just make sure that the spouse is recorded, there is a check box for non members to be added.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bass679 wrote:I believe they are considered YSA if they do NOT have custody of their kids, at least from a ward attendance standpoint. I'm not sure about in rolls thought. I'd assume that only having a spouse affects that. Just make sure that the spouse is recorded, there is a check box for non members to be added.
I don't recall children making any difference in being a YSA. I believe it's just age and unmarried.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”