Page 1 of 1

Member requesting previous ward membership trail

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:35 am
by kevindurr
Seeking help. A member is seeking a history of each ward she has belonged to over the previous 10 years. Anyone know of how I would be able to generate a print out for her?

Re: Member requesting previous ward membership trail

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 11:59 am
by eblood66
I'm not aware of any way of doing this. It's possible that CHQ might have this information but I wouldn't count on it. I'm not sure why they would retain more than the last one or possibly two units. But you can try calling Local Unit Support and asking.

Re: Member requesting previous ward membership trail

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 1:56 pm
by lajackson
I believe the Membership Department will know where the record has been, but that is not an indication that the member has been in the same location as the record. I can think of a reason why a member would be trying to get addresses for the last 10 years. But I don't think membership record information is the best way to do it.

Re: Member requesting previous ward membership trail

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 2:23 pm
by russellhltn
lajackson wrote:I believe the Membership Department will know where the record has been, but that is not an indication that the member has been in the same location as the record.

Yes, records can sometimes take detours and scenic routes.


lajackson wrote:I can think of a reason why a member would be trying to get addresses for the last 10 years. But I don't think membership record information is the best way to do it.

As can I, but I suspect the request is being used to help jog/double-check the memory.

Re: Member requesting previous ward membership trail

Posted: Sun May 08, 2016 6:18 pm
by lajackson
russellhltn wrote:I suspect the request is being used to help jog/double-check the memory.

We don't speak much any more about journals and histories and those types of things, do we? [smile]