Baptism / confirmation consent form?

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mbatemantx

Re: Baptism / confirmation consent form?

Post by mbatemantx »

If you get to the page where the form needs to be attached, there is an icon to open a pdf of the form to print, and it includes all the information entered up to that point.
klricks

Post by klricks »

RayWach wrote:Having trouble completing baptism information. Trying to upload signed consent form with no luck. Any suggestions?
Drag and drop here did not work for me. Nothing happened. However if you click on the from device link and 'drill down' to wherever your image is stored and click on the filename..... That does work.
Assistant Ward Clerk
klricks

Post by klricks »

mbatemantx wrote:If you get to the page where the form needs to be attached, there is an icon to open a pdf of the form to print, and it includes all the information entered up to that point.
I saw a link after the person is chosen but before any other info is entered. Did not see another link after that. So that would not be very helpful. I am looking for the form completely filled in except for the signatures.
Assistant Ward Clerk
Mottzzz

Post by Mottzzz »

Oh, good. So this is a new thing? Because we were really stumped by it. It took us a while to figure out that the form was required and that I needed to get the mother to sign it. I just took a photo of the signed form with my phone and uploaded it through my phone. Annoying as heck that I have to use my personal phone to do this, but, whatever.
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

Mottzzz wrote:Oh, good. So this is a new thing? Because we were really stumped by it. It took us a while to figure out that the form was required and that I needed to get the mother to sign it. I just took a photo of the signed form with my phone and uploaded it through my phone. Annoying as heck that I have to use my personal phone to do this, but, whatever.
It is new. I just went through this as well. It's going to take some training to get the bishopric to get used to a paper form again. Ditto for baby blessings!
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Mottzzz wrote:Oh, good. So this is a new thing? Because we were really stumped by it. It took us a while to figure out that the form was required and that I needed to get the mother to sign it. I just took a photo of the signed form with my phone and uploaded it through my phone. Annoying as heck that I have to use my personal phone to do this, but, whatever.
I wouldn't say that the requirement to have a signed form on file is new. We have always had that requirement. The only thing new is the ability/requirement to scan and upload the signed form. I think many clerks/bishoprics have simply ignored the forms, or fail to retain the signed forms in their files until the next membership audit, as directed on the forms.

I have been telling clerks and bishoprics for many years that the forms should be printed and filled out before any ordinance is performed. When the ordinance is performed, just enter the date and officiator, enter the data into the computer, and file the form for the audit. So simple, and yet frequently ignored.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
Mottzzz

Post by Mottzzz »

I think where people are being thrown off is the use of the word "consent." But then you go and print the form out and the word "consent" doesn't show up anywhere and it's just a standard ordinance form. So we were totally stuck wondering "Why do we need a consent form when the parents clearly are members and want their 8-year-old baptized?"

I didn't realize the form could be printed out before ordinance. I'll look into that.
ichabod6

Post by ichabod6 »

Is there a way to fill out a PDF form for every youth that will need one in the upcoming year, print it out and then have family sign it in advance? Or do you have to wait until the ordinance, etc. is due?
chriswoodut

Post by chriswoodut »

ichabod6 wrote:Is there a way to fill out a PDF form for every youth that will need one in the upcoming year, print it out and then have family sign it in advance? Or do you have to wait until the ordinance, etc. is due?
You can start with blank forms if you wish, I believe. The bishop is supposed to sign the baptismal form as well at the time of interview.

For baby blessing forms, there really isn't a tie between the record creation and the blessing. You could create the record and get parent signatures before a blessing.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

chriswoodut wrote:For baby blessing forms, there really isn't a tie between the record creation and the blessing. You could create the record and get parent signatures before a blessing.
Isn't the consent form consent for creating the record?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”