Hiding Do Not Contacts

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
Mottzzz

Hiding Do Not Contacts

Post by Mottzzz »

I was sure that I saw this discussed somewhere but of course now that I go to do it, I can't find it again.

Isn't there a way to hide the Do Not Contact members so that other members don't see them?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Hiding Do Not Contacts

Post by russellhltn »

At one time clerks could set the privacy settings in the Directory. But I think that's been moved to LCR. Correction: it hasn't. But it's available in Member Tools.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

If they don't want to do this themselves, the clerk can make their information "Private - Leadership only" which will hide them from most members. Leaders (members of the ward council) will still see them.

This setting can be made at the member level or the family level. The family setting overrides the member setting if it is more restrictive.
Mottzzz

Post by Mottzzz »

Where is the "Private - Leadership Only?" I'm in LCR/Member Information but I don't see where the setting is... if it's still there
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

The clerk used to be able to do it in the Directory but that functionality was removed when it was added to the Member Tools app. I don't know if it was ever in LCR and I'm no longer in a calling where I have access to that function. Try the Member Tools app - bring up the member you want to make private and then look for a privacy option. For myself, I can go to my family in Member Tools, click on the pencil button on my contacts page, there is a privacy option on the blue bar at the top to set privacy for myself and my family. I am on the Android version - iOS may be slightly different.

When it was first removed from the Directory, the only way for the clerk to set it was through the Member Tools app (difficult for me to do my calling as Clerk at the time because I didn't own a device that granted access to the Member Tools app). If this has not changed from how it was above, it is the only way you will be able to make the setting for the member.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

davesudweeks wrote:The clerk used to be able to do it in the Directory but that functionality was removed when it was added to the Member Tools app. I don't know if it was ever in LCR
Ok, I may be mis-remembering the clerk's alternative. It seems logical it would end up in LCR, but it might not be there yet.

That function was lost from the Directory when it was re-written to be the Directory/Ward Map. Oddly, members can still use the new directory to set their privacy, but clerks no longer have access for other members.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jpjones~ogr

Post by jpjones~ogr »

I'm solving something else, but hopefully folks following this thread have figured out that the Church's Tools app' now allows clerks to help members with privacy settings.

The website Ward Directory and Map only allows me to edit my personal and family privacy. I have to go to the Tools app' to edit privacy for members in my unit.

Return to “Membership Help”