Primary email attach to grandparents

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
brown67

Primary email attach to grandparents

Post by brown67 »

We have a couple in our Ward that are raising their granddaughter. I'm not sure that they have guardianship. The granddaughter is listed in the household, but the when primary does group emails they can't send one to the grandparents. They have to email them separately. Is their anyway to connect the granddaughter to the grandparents so the primary can include them in the group email sent via LCR?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Primary email attach to grandparents

Post by russellhltn »

brown67 wrote:The granddaughter is listed in the household, but the when primary does group emails they can't send one to the grandparents.
Short of the grandparents having legally adopted the grandchild (allowing you to change the parents), I think you've done everything available to you.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
brown67

Post by brown67 »

I believe they are the granddaughters legal guardian, but not adopted.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Question, is the individual email and household email filled in for the grandparents?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
casalegno

Post by casalegno »

I have a similar issue. We have a mixed family in the ward where two members are married to each other and have 2 kids together. A child from the wife's previous marriage is in the home as well. The husband doesn't get email updates for the child's organization because he is not listed as the parent. Is having him listed as the parent the only way for him to get the child's organizational emails?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

From what I understand, only the parent - if they are part of the same household will automatically get the email. And you can only add them if they have legally adopted them.

The problem is that doing otherwise involves making assumptions about what the data means.

The solution is to either have primary manually add that email, or for the wife to forward the information.

Return to “Membership Help”