Out of Unit Member

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
mmkids6

Out of Unit Member

Post by mmkids6 »

We currently have a couple serving a service mission in another country. We have been requested to do the following:
Please update the members records to reflect:

Ward Clerk
Add missionary couple as “out of the unit member”
Stake Clerk
Add missionary couple as Institute Teacher

Where the membership is in our Ward, because we are the home Ward, I know of no way to accomplish this request. It is my understanding that it is the Ward they are serving in that needs to accomplish this, so that the memberships are not physically pulled from the home Ward. Can someone give me some direction on how to accomplish this by providing step by step instructions, either for the home ward or for the ward they are serving. Thanks
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Out of Unit Member

Post by russellhltn »

As you say, that's not appropriate for the home ward, but in the area they're serving.

I'd kick the request back and indicate that the request needs to go to the area they're serving, not the home ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

As russellhltn indicates, it would appear that whoever made the request doesn’t understand the purpose of the ‘Out of Unit’ option under Membership in LCR.
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by scgallafent »

The ward where they are serving needs to do this. Starting from the LCR landing page:
  • Click on Membership on the LCR main menu
  • Click on Manage Out-of-Unit Members
  • Enter the missionary's MRN or name and birth date
  • Click the Lookup button
  • Verify they have the correct member
  • If the spouse has already been added as an out-of-unit member, correct the household information
  • Click the Continue button
  • Enter the contact information
  • Click the Add to Ward button
Hopefully the stake clerk can finish the process from there.
jonesrk
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by jonesrk »

The other option is for stake level callings is for the the stake clerk to just enter the position as an out of unit position. To do that go to the normal position entry screen and enter the mrn instead of the name. then it will prompt to Assign to Out-of-Unit Member and finish filling out the fields to create it.

Return to “Membership Help”