Priests auto-moved into Elders Quorum

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
curtiscall

Priests auto-moved into Elders Quorum

Post by curtiscall »

As of this morning (1/1/21), all of our existing Priests Quorum, ages 16-18, were automatically assigned to the Elders Quorum. I'm guessing this might be a bug with the automatic class/quorum advancement that occurs at the new year. Did it happen to anyone else?

Thanks
scgallafent
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Priests auto-moved into Elders Quorum

Post by scgallafent »

I checked several other wards and they look fine. I just generated a list of the 16- and 17-year-old young men assigned to elders quorums and the list isn't long enough to make me think there was a system problem.

Looking at the transaction logs, it looks like there were some changes made at about 5:00 PM local time using Leader and Clerk Resources. Was someone in your ward moving them around for some reason?
curtiscall

Re: Priests auto-moved into Elders Quorum

Post by curtiscall »

scgallafent wrote:I checked several other wards and they look fine. I just generated a list of the 16- and 17-year-old young men assigned to elders quorums and the list isn't long enough to make me think there was a system problem.

Looking at the transaction logs, it looks like there were some changes made at about 5:00 PM local time using Leader and Clerk Resources. Was someone in your ward moving them around for some reason?
Thanks for checking. I'm glad there isn't a system-wide issue. Our ward boundaries changed this week, so we've had a lot of records coming and going. I did edit the class assignment of one of the priests last night, but only one. Perhaps that caused weird things to happen when the auto-advancement kicked in? Anyway, I'll get them put back the way they are supposed to be.

Thanks

Return to “Membership Help”