Remove Temporary Assignment

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
sljepson

Remove Temporary Assignment

Post by sljepson »

We recently had some members move in after spending a couple years on the road in an RV. According to them, during that time their records had been moved to Arizona on a temporary assignment. It appears they are still recorded as on that temporary assignment even though we moved their records into our branch when they moved in. They still have access to the Arizona ward in the Tools app (in addition to our Branch) and get all the emails that are sent to members of that ward. I have looked all through LCR trying to find something that shows the temporary assignment to remove it but can not find anything. Is this something that has to be removed by the clerk in the Arizona ward, or maybe it's at a higher level? I'm not sure who to even ask.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Remove Temporary Assignment

Post by russellhltn »

Most likely, they were entered as "out-of-unit members". The Arizona ward will have to remove that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
deschrubb

Post by deschrubb »

Would this be the case for Missionary Couples when they return?
I have a similar situation with an elderly couple that moved into our Ward several months ago (Smithson Valley Ward #2113031, San Antonio Texas Hill Country Stake #550744) which all their information appears to be correct in LDS Tools. This is the second Ward they have lived in since returning from their mission in 2013 to Australia Perth Mission unit #2014564/Australia Perth Mission Branch unit #1972278. The Head of Household can still see the members from they served in Australia, and his wife's account on LDS Tools is being impacted by this problem.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

deschrubb wrote:Would this be the case for Missionary Couples when they return?
Yes. In your case, it should be the Australian unit that should remove this.

Since you have the units, I'd suggest sending an email to the clerk of that ward/stake to let them know.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”