Wife is "Other" in MLS Household

Discuss questions around local unit policies for membership (creating records, transferring records, etc.) This forum should not contain specific financial or membership information.
idjeeper2

Re: Wife is "Other" in MLS Household

Post by idjeeper2 »

I'm adding the spouse to the household as you describe. Add the marriage info to the member's record and then add the spouse to the household, which in turn creates the non-member record. The only step missing in that process is getting permission. So I will repent and follow the policy from now on. That will pretty much solve the other issue as well.

Thanks for the responses.
jasonfitt

Post by jasonfitt »

It could also be that the marriage was never recorded. I have a couple where the spouse is listed as 'Other' and that's because I simply added her to the household with out recording a marriage event. So, in order to fix this I'm assuming that when I process the marriage event (under Membership in MLS), enter the marriage date, etc., it will automatically change the relationship to spouse. I can't be 100% sure until I try it, but maybe that's what's happening here.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

jasonfitt wrote:I have a couple where the spouse is listed as 'Other' and that's because I simply added her to the household with out recording a marriage event. So, in order to fix this I'm assuming that when I process the marriage event (under Membership in MLS), enter the marriage date, etc., it will automatically change the relationship to spouse. I can't be 100% sure until I try it, but maybe that's what's happening here.
If it doesn't work, you may have to remove her and re-add her to the household.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Membership Help”