New accounts for clerk computer

Discussions around the setup, operation, replacement, and disposal of clerk computers, not to include using MLS
ackpack34

New accounts for clerk computer

Post by ackpack34 »

I revisions a clerk's computer for our ward and we were able to get in using the admin account. However, this morning when we turned it on we now have a required password for administrator which we don't know. There are also two new users created that we don't know the passwords for either.
1. Our unit number
2. Dandc89
Anyone have any ideas on how I can get those passwords?
craiggsmith

Re: New accounts for clerk computer

Post by craiggsmith »

Have you tried just hitting enter? I have found that often to be the solution.

When I did one recently the admin account didn't have a password and never did. The unit account password was assigned by me during setup. You should have been prompted for that.

D&C 89 is the support account, you won't get the password for that.
Craig
South Jordan, UT
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

ackpack34 wrote:Anyone have any ideas on how I can get those passwords?
The DandC89 account is set up for Church ICS support for remote access to the computer. That account password is not available outside ICS support. The password for the account with your unit number should have been set up by the person who did the provisioning (setup). That account is the standard admin account for your unit. If your STS did the provisioning then speak to him to get the password.

Edit: I see craiggsmith posted just before me with some good info.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
sullaysamai

Post by sullaysamai »

I also have this same problem, but my advise for you is that contact your MSR there so that he can help you.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I've always seen the admin account as disabled. The Unit ###### account is the usual one you should be using.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I've always seen the admin account as disabled.
The most recent provisioning tool I have seen does not do anything with the Administrator Account. So I give it a password. No one else can use it and they should be using the Unit Number account anyway.
balotabj

Post by balotabj »

Does anyone know the size of the small provisioning tool? I have started the download more than an hour ago and it is still at 280 MB. It also does not say how much percentage of the file has been downloaded so far. Just wondering... Although, I guess I will find out sooner or later once the download completes. Thank you in advance for your comments. :D

I am still waiting for the provisioning tool to complete the download so I can proceed. I am just following the steps provided in the Help page. Any tips to avoid any issues during the provisioning setup?
balotabj

Post by balotabj »

BALOTABJ wrote:Does anyone know the size of the small provisioning tool? I have started the download more than an hour ago and it is still at 280 MB. It also does not say how much percentage of the file has been downloaded so far. Just wondering... Although, I guess I will find out sooner or later once the download completes. Thank you in advance for your comments. :D

I am still waiting for the provisioning tool to complete the download so I can proceed. I am just following the steps provided in the Help page. Any tips to avoid any issues during the provisioning setup?
Finally, the download is done. I tried to download at home. It took me more than 2 hours in the meetinghouse and was not completed. It is kind of big for a "small file". hahaha Size of the file is 1.33 GB.
Attachments
explorer_Wf8b4DXyaD.png
explorer_Wf8b4DXyaD.png (20.46 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
balotabj

Post by balotabj »

BALOTABJ wrote:
Finally, the download is done. I tried to download at home. It took me more than 2 hours in the meetinghouse and was not completed. It is kind of big for a "small file". hahaha Size of the file is 1.33 GB.
I wish we could add a comment to the Reimaging Local Unit Computers article so that the GSD can include the file size in the instructions. This will help so that we can estimate how much time we have to wait for the download to finish.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BALOTABJ wrote:I wish we could add a comment to the Reimaging Local Unit Computers article so that the GSD can include the file size in the instructions. This will help so that we can estimate how much time we have to wait for the download to finish.
I'd suggest giving feedback on that page.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Clerk Computers”