Problems with TM

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Problems with TM

Post by tlhackett »

This issue was because they updated the monitoring servers. When they did the major update, it caused a lot of firewalls (2000-3000) to stop phoning home. They had to run scripts on each firewall to reset the monitoring so that they would begin phoning home again. If you are still having issues, please contact the GSC at 855-537-4357. We can manually run the scripts on your firewall as long as it is online and we can get it to phone home again.
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

Biggles wrote:This might not be worldwide yet, but there have been a few updates to TM overnight. Checkout the tab additions.
Yes and a very popular request will be released to STSs and other Stake, ward, district, and branch roles as well very soon. It is under testing with the GSC right now and if everything goes well it may be released in about a week. Expect an announcement on the main page of TM and possibly emails soon.
CleggGP
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by CleggGP »

The GSC generally uses TM to manage firewalls. If you opened a ticket with them, they most likely restarted the firewalls through TM (which enables them to report again). Similarly STSs are able to restart firewalls through TM.
Biggles

Re: Wireless Survey of church building with Netspot

Post by Biggles »

CleggGP wrote:The GSC generally uses TM to manage firewalls. If you opened a ticket with them, they most likely restarted the firewalls through TM (which enables them to report again). Similarly STSs are able to restart firewalls through TM.
Unless something has changed within the last week or two, despite the history saying otherwise, I haven't been able to do a successful remote restart since the early days of TM.
tlhackett
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by tlhackett »

Biggles wrote:
CleggGP wrote:The GSC generally uses TM to manage firewalls. If you opened a ticket with them, they most likely restarted the firewalls through TM (which enables them to report again). Similarly STSs are able to restart firewalls through TM.
Unless something has changed within the last week or two, despite the history saying otherwise, I haven't been able to do a successful remote restart since the early days of TM.
A restart from TM requires that the firewall be online and connected to the VPN (pingable and reachable from the corporate network). If it isn't, a manual reboot is required. I was also able to look up your stake center in Watford, England and restart your firewall from TM without issue (after first making sure nobody was actively using the internet at your building)
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

yarrgh wrote:A restart from TM requires that the firewall be online and connected to the VPN (pingable and reachable from the corporate network). If it isn't, a manual reboot is required. I was also able to look up your stake center in Watford, England and restart your firewall from TM without issue (after first making sure nobody was actively using the internet at your building)
Your instructions about the correct way to restart a firewall are spot on! This morning I successfully restarted the troublesome firewall in my Stake, without a problem. Whatever you and your team have been doing recently now seems to have resolved my particular problem.

I tried the Restart on this troublesome firewall about 2 weeks ago and nothing happened. I'm certain the Restart history showed this attempt, at the time, but now there is no record of that attempt. Therein lies a mystery! However I didn't try the ping first so that might explain some of the problems I've been experiencing.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

yarrgh wrote:Yes and a very popular request will be released to STSs and other Stake, ward, district, and branch roles as well very soon. It is under testing with the GSC right now and if everything goes well it may be released in about a week. Expect an announcement on the main page of TM and possibly emails soon.
The very popular request quoted above, now seems to be available in TM under the Access Points tab.

Not had a chance to try it out yet! As of the time of this post, no announcements seen.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Ah, yes, I see the update to TM now. I wonder what would happen if I hit the DISABLE button during my next stake conference. Maybe more people would listen to the speakers?
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

That's what we plan to do. We will test it beforehand to make sure it works, but this means we will not have to unplug all of the cables to the WAPs and then plug them back in afterward. We need to do it because we broadcast our stake conferences.

We also have an unfortunate late meeting branch that sometimes cannot connect to transmit their finances on Sunday afternoon, because the WiFi is saturated. The next time I get a call about that, I will be sorely tempted to test the feature for a few minutes.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

Just login to TM and reboot the firewall to clear the DHCP table. It only takes a few minutes to reboot, and should allow your Branch computer to connect.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”