Usage statistics back in TM

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Usage statistics back in TM

Post by Mikerowaved »

There's a new "Usage Statistics" tab in Technology Manager (for those in positions where it's accessible) where it shows latency in mS and loss in percentage over a selectable period of time from 2 hours to 1 week. Unfortunately, there are no throughput stats to see how close you are to maxing out your available bandwidth. They do, however, provide a pie chart showing the top 10 most visited sites.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: Usage statistics back in TM

Post by bartj »

Additional usage stats will be made available in the future. I don't know if we can provide throughput, but I will check.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Any visibility is better than none. Thanks for your efforts - and thanks for dropping into the forum every so often!
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bhatch4

Post by bhatch4 »

I would love to see throughout added back in. I was very sad when it went away.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

While it's nice to know how much is used, I'm hopeful that the delay statistics would indicate if anything is getting held up due to lack of bandwidth - since that would be the more critical aspect.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

bhatch4 wrote:I would love to see throughout added back in. I was very sad when it went away.
russellhltn wrote:...if anything is getting held up due to lack of bandwidth - since that would be the more critical aspect.
I have to agree with this. I would think an STS (and SP) would be interested in how close they come to saturating their current ISP's allotted bandwidth. That would help in making a determination if the next level of filtering might be required, or maybe petition FM to see about bumping the rate limit up.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”