SSID Changing?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Re: SSID Changing?

Postby bartj » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:59 am

I was moving the Chromecasts in my meetinghouses over to Liahona this morning and thought I'd share the steps I took to get it to work. In order for a device like this to work on Liahona, it does need to be registered in TM. I had access to the TM registration steps, which will be the information in the link that you indicated wasn't updated, so I included those in the instructions. There are other ways to set up the Chromecast on Liahona, I just found these steps to provide the most consistent experience.

[Moderator note: The attachment has been deleted because it contained sensitive information that should not be posted at the forum.]

[Additional moderator note: Those who are authorized access may obtain the information contained in the attachment here at the Help Center, thanks to the excellent work of bartj.]

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:14 pm

bartj wrote:TM registration steps

Ohhhh, interesting! Thanks for letting us know.

For those who skimmed over bartj's post - in there is steps to set up selected wireless devices to skip the Terms of Use login screen that is required for Liahona.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:17 pm

Mikerowaved wrote:
lajackson wrote:The Terms of Use acceptance must not be too onerous, because she has said nothing about it.

I'd be shocked if more than 1% even reads it.

I think what lajackson was saying is that the act of accepting it isn't to bad.

As for those who actually read it, I expect a few would at least start to skim it for the novelty of it, but it would still be somewhere around the rate of people who actually read ELUAs.

But I do think it would help with all the devices who suddenly see "free" WiFi and start updating.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

beegman

Postby beegman » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:04 pm

Does anybody know how reliable the storage of the NoSplash group will be? I have had all my Assigned IP addresses get completely reset on more than one occasion before. Losing Assigned IPs isn't entirely critical, but if nobody can use any wireless video equipment on Sunday morning because NoSplash settings got lost, then it will be an issue.

Thanks,
Brad

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:30 pm

beegman wrote:Does anybody know how reliable the storage of the NoSplash group will be? I have had all my Assigned IP addresses get completely reset on more than one occasion before.

This post indicates that the problems with the IP addresses should be fixed. We'll have to wait and see if there's more bugs.

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:44 pm

beegman wrote:Does anybody know how reliable the storage of the NoSplash group will be?

I'm more curious if there's a limit to the number of devices I can register in this group. (Starting with mine. :twisted: )

morganreyn

Postby morganreyn » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:16 am

Came into the stake center this morning and found that LDSAccess is gone. I haven’t heard from the other buildings in my stake, but I wouldn’t be shocked if they are also having the same issue.

I know that the letter went out to leadership down to the ward council level, but I don’t know if it has been pushed out to general membership yet. Hopefully this was just an oversight that LDSAccess was turned off in our location.

bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby bartj » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:39 pm

morganreyn wrote:Came into the stake center this morning and found that LDSAccess is gone..

Please send me your stake name so I can have someone look into this. LDSAccess should still be available worldwide.

bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby bartj » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:41 pm

Mikerowaved wrote:I'm more curious if there's a limit to the number of devices I can register in this group. (Starting with mine. :twisted: )

Currently there is a limit of 15 devices per building that can be registered.

bartj
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby bartj » Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:45 pm

beegman wrote:Does anybody know how reliable the storage of the NoSplash group will be? I have had all my Assigned IP addresses get completely reset on more than one occasion before.

The issues with the IP address reliability should be resolved with an update made last Friday to TM. This update also included code that would provide the reliability needed for the device registrations. If you run into problems with either of these tools, please escalate to the global service center so we can troubleshoot and resolve them.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”