SSID Changing?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: SSID Changing?

Postby russellhltn » Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:50 pm

ccanlas3 wrote:Please note that many wireless devices (such as network printers) don’t support a ‘click-through’ experience to accept the Terms of Use.
According to the email I just got, devices such as printers, that only access the local network will work. Only devices that need to go to the internet have to go though the splash screen or have it disabled.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

ramonc

Postby ramonc » Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:54 pm

tm.churchofjesuschrist.org/ is redirecting to https://oos.churchofjesuschrist.org/ Been this way since noonish today now 7pm. Anyone one here have any clues? Trying to move printer(s) to liahona. Thanks,

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:38 pm

ramonc wrote:tm.churchofjesuschrist.org/ is redirecting to https://oos.churchofjesuschrist.org/ Been this way since noonish today now 7pm. Anyone one here have any clues? Trying to move printer(s) to liahona. Thanks,
Another post mentioned TM going down for the weekend. I don't remember if got anything about that or not.

An email I did get indicated that as long as the printer is only "local" and doesn't need the Internet, it will function just fine without adding it to the NoSplash policy.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

drepouille

Postby drepouille » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:50 am

I connected to Liahona, agreed to the terms of use, and disconnected from LDSAccess. Then I rebooted my laptop, opened my browser, and was not asked to agree to the terms of service again. This may be like many public access points in that once you agree to the terms of use, you have a lease period for further access.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Biggles

Postby Biggles » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:57 am

I believe the lease period, mentioned in the documentation somewhere, lasts for a day in the same building.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:30 pm

drepouille wrote:I connected to Liahona, agreed to the terms of use, and disconnected from LDSAccess. Then I rebooted my laptop, opened my browser, and was not asked to agree to the terms of service again.
Your acceptance is good for the day. Probably 24 hours, actually, based on my experience.

klricks

Postby klricks » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:10 pm

lajackson wrote:
drepouille wrote:I connected to Liahona, agreed to the terms of use, and disconnected from LDSAccess. Then I rebooted my laptop, opened my browser, and was not asked to agree to the terms of service again.
Your acceptance is good for the day. Probably 24 hours, actually, based on my experience.
Seams it's good forever.
I connected and accepted last week.
This week I see the captive TOS message in the WIFI notifications. I ignored that and was able to sync tools and browse random web sites without accepting again.
(I made sure my data plan was turned off).
I then accepted the TOS and get Liahona is now connected message.......
I could have easily not noticed the TOS message.
Assistant Ward Clerk

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:39 pm

Update: The plan to discontinue LDSAccess will go ahead on April 15 as planned. Here's a snippet from the Product Manager - Meetinghouse Networks' email:
Brother Norman wrote:To clear some confusion about the LDSAccess and Liahona SSIDs:

Current state:
Meetinghouses that are 100% Meraki APs - Broadcasting LDSAccess and Liahona
Meetinghouses that don’t have Meraki APs - Broadcasting LDSAccess only
Meetinghouses that have a mix of Cisco and Meraki APs - Broadcasting both LDSAccess(from the Cisco and Meraki APs) and Liahona (from the Meraki APs)

April 15th - shut off LDSAccess worldwide on the Meraki APs ( will be done in the Meraki Dashboard by ICS engineering)
Meetinghouses that are 100% Meraki APs. - Will Broadcast Liahona only
Meetinghouses that don’t have Meraki APs - Will Broadcast LDSAccess only
Meetinghouses that have a mix of Cisco and Meraki APs - Will Broadcast LDSAccess from the old Cisco AP and Liahona from the Meraki AP

After April 15th:
Meetinghouses that still have old Cisco APs broadcasting LDSAccess will eventually be replaced by Meraki APs that will only broadcast Liahona. This will cause an immediate change from LDSAccess to Liahona once the APs are replaced in a meetinghouse.

jmalyn

Postby jmalyn » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:49 pm

Is there guidance for going into buildings before April 15th to change devices over? I only got one building converted before our COVID lockdowns. I have 4 buildings I need to convert devices over, but was afraid of contaminating buildings, even if I don't have anything symptomatic, so I avoided going to the other buildings. What I worry is when buildings open again, I can't hit 4 buildings in a short period of time to get them working if we suddenly start having meetings again (regardless of how many weeks or months out that is).

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:05 pm

jmalyn wrote:Is there guidance for going into buildings before April 15th to change devices over?
The network itself should not need our help. The question is any "client" devices such as printers, etc.

The letter from the First Presidency canceled all meetings. I do not see anything about making buildings off-limits.

I would check the verbiage of any orders from your governor/mayor/etc. It's likely it includes something to allow for minimum basic operation or continuity of service even for non-essential businesses. I would suggest trying to read the actual signed order and not just the news summery of it.

Of course, follow all local laws and take reasonable precautions against contamination.

Do observe the church policy of not being alone in an unlocked church building.

"Liahona" should be available now, you don't have to wait until the 15th.

I am a little surprised they didn't delay the transition. With the shutdown, the transition isn't likely be be as orderly as planned. A number of leaders/teachers/members are going to arrive at church and discover they can't connect.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”