TM Dashboard slow to come up?

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
russellhltn
Community Administrator

TM Dashboard slow to come up?

Post by russellhltn »

If the TM Dashboard is really slow to start up, check your satellite receivers.

If they're set up but not connecting to TM, that seems to cause a hang every time you go to the dashboard page. In my case, they somehow got plugged into the wrong zone. Static 10.x.x.x receivers don't work too well in the 192.168.x.x public zone.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: TM Dashboard slow to come up?

Post by lajackson »

None of my receivers have been assigned an IP address.
Biggles

Post by Biggles »

lajackson wrote:None of my receivers have been assigned an IP address.
Curious as to why not? To be able to monitor satellite receivers, in TM, they have to be assigned a Static IP address.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:None of my receivers have been assigned an IP address.
They won't. The setup is all-manual. I forget the reason. I know I tried. I think the receivers are not DHCP capable.(!) Otherwise, I would have assigned the IPs in the firewall.

Then you have to tell TM what IP you put it on.

But going back to the thread, the issue seems to be if TM has the IP, but the receivers are not responding to the network. For some reason, the main dashboard wants a status even though it not displaying any status information at that level.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”