Wall mount kit for 24 port switch??

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
dbaresrc

Wall mount kit for 24 port switch??

Postby dbaresrc » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:18 pm

We received our 24 and 8 port switches this week. I just finished installing several pairs of 8 port units. A piece of cake.

I have a question about the 24 port switch however. Unlike the 8's there is no wall mount option, just rack mount. Anyone have a good suggestion on how to mount these on a wall?

Thanks

Carlton
Lewisville TX Stake

drepouille

Re: Wall mount kit for 24 port switch??

Postby drepouille » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:01 pm

The 24-port switch may need air space above and below to dissipate the heat, especially if it supplying power for a lot of WAPs. Just guessing, though.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska

Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Postby Mikerowaved » Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:38 pm

You could use a couple of vertical pieces of nylon or metal pipe strap and screw it to the wall above and below the switch. Of course, being careful not to block any ports or vents in the process.

Another way is to use some industrial strength Velcro on the back.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

dbaresrc

Postby dbaresrc » Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanks for the answers. I found something that I think will work. Secure mounting, plenty for air flow, etc. https://www.startech.com/en-us/server-m ... rk119wallv

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”