Lehi SSID

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
jmalyn

Lehi SSID

Post by jmalyn »

We do not currently intend to use the Lehi SSID in our stake, and the current password for each building has expired. At the moment the Lehi SSID is still advertising in the buildings. Should that SSID stop advertising by itself, or will it always advertise even with the passwords expired?

The information about the SSID being disabled when the password expires wasn't clear on whether traffic was just blocked, or the SSID stops advertising, my preference is that it stops advertising so that members are not clicking on the wrong SSID.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Lehi SSID

Post by lajackson »

jmalyn wrote:Should that SSID stop advertising by itself, or will it always advertise even with the passwords expired?
It was my understanding that the SSID would not be visible if the password had expired, but there are a number of folks who have said it does not go away. I think that is a bug.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

I think if you change the password, you can then turn off the SSID.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

russellhltn wrote:I think if you change the password, you can then turn off the SSID.
Oh, yes. I forgot. You can disable it if it is working, just as you can Liahona.
jmalyn

Post by jmalyn »

lajackson wrote:
russellhltn wrote:I think if you change the password, you can then turn off the SSID.
Oh, yes. I forgot. You can disable it if it is working, just as you can Liahona.
Ok, that worked. I was afraid to change it to a new password and have to wait 90 more days for it to expire, but that did give me an option to disable it.

Thank you.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

jmalyn wrote:I was afraid to change it to a new password and have to wait 90 more days for it to expire, but that did give me an option to disable it.
It seems sort of funny to me that you have to make it work before you can make it go away. Oh, well.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lajackson wrote:It seems sort of funny to me that you have to make it work before you can make it go away. Oh, well.
It's part of the bug where it doesn't disable itself when the password expires.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
jesusmora

Post by jesusmora »

Este SSID no es solo para ser utilizados or lo Lideres? siempre y cuando esta sea necesaria, de lo contrario puede permanecer inactivo... y a mi parecer (lo he utilizado) siempre que expira la contraseña este queda ahi, y yo lo activo o inactivo segun sea el caso y la preferencia. no hay motivos para dejarlo activo a menos que sea una RED muy utilizada y necesaria por nuestros lideres.
En conclusion esto se trabaja de manera manual en mi estaca.

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”