Cisco 881W with WAP 1041N

Discussions about Internet service providers (ISPs), the Meetinghouse Firewall, wired and wireless networking, usage, management, and support of Meetinghouse Internet
Paulbb1

Post by Paulbb1 »

The reason why I am more focused on building the wireless network over the wired network is because the trend I am seeing…we are moving fast and furious to a wireless environment. Saying that and talking with the FM manager, it was decided that we would be wasting the Lord’s money by building a wired network which will not be used and on top of that a wireless network as well. We do plan on placing LAN drops for the Stake Clerk, Media Room (to look into using Webcaster to feed Satellite Broadcast to the other buildings to save on cost of bird time), Wards Clerks’ (3), FM Group’s office area, and one in the Chapel.

Our FM Group has been instructed to wire the following areas. Stk & Ward Offices, RS Rm, front cultural hall/overflow and Pulpit. They are finding that the wireless is so highly used by Smart phones that people can't use it to do a presentation in the Chapel or Cultural hall. The pulpit is the hardest one in my mind.

I have had three installs of the 881W. First one in an Institute building that I had help from GSD. Two AP's installed. Second one in our stake center with no help. Two AP's. Third one was at the Bishop's Storehouse/LDS Social Services which had a router go down. No AP required. Covered the whole store house. The static address from ISP caused me issues and needed help. Once input by GSD all went well. I am impressed by the way the first two went. Nice job. Getting the printer caused me lots of issues. Didn't know the static IP address range.
Arlan Beebe
Ann Arbor Stake
j.magis3

Post by j.magis3 »

Arlan,

That is interesting point of view...have you experienced this in your buildings already and if so...what is the average download and upload speeds for your buildings?

Joe Magistri
Paulbb1

881W w/2 AP's Signal levels in a Legacy Stk Ctr

Post by Paulbb1 »

I have not done a speed test of the wireless just software inSSIDer 2.0 on an Asus 1005HA NetBook. I have uploaded a spread sheet of the signal levels around the Stk Ctr if anyone is interested.
Attachments
Stk Wireless Signal Levels.xls
(17 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Arlan Beebe
Ann Arbor Stake

Return to “Meetinghouse Internet”