Page 1 of 1

New.familysearch.org

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:36 am
by meljohnson
I am able to log into familysearch and lds.org. But when I try to log into new.familysearch.org I get a message that I am supposed to contact my ward clerk. I did but he doesn't know what the problem is. Any ideas? Where can I get help?

Re: New.familysearch.org

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:50 pm
by aebrown
Is there a good reason why you are trying to use new.familysearch.org? That site is now obsolete, and it's much better to work on the Family Tree on familysearch.org.

Re: New.familysearch.org

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:33 pm
by jdlessley
meljohnson wrote:I am able to log into familysearch and lds.org. But when I try to log into new.familysearch.org I get a message that I am supposed to contact my ward clerk.

The site and sign-in to new.familysearch.org still work for me. There could have been a temporary problem with the site or servers when you tried it. But as aebrown stated the site will eventually go away and the Family Tree section of Family Search will be the approved site for LDS members.

Re: New.familysearch.org

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:57 pm
by meljohnson
Thanks. I just tried it but it says that it is down right now. I will try tomorrow.

Re: New.familysearch.org

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:17 pm
by meljohnson
I am not able to get on familysearch or new.familysearch I was excommunicated and have been rebaptised. The ward clerk said that there is nothing wrong with my record. I can access lds.org.....

Any ideas?

Re: New.familysearch.org

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:43 pm
by russellhltn
meljohnson wrote:I can access lds.org.....


When you say "lds.org", does that include your ward's calendar and directory? If not, then there's still something wrong with your record.

Re: New.familysearch.org

Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 pm
by meljohnson
Yes. I can see my ward calendar and access all the addresses of the people. I also have lds tools app and it works fine. The gospel library app works and syncs up notes and scriptures that I have marked as well. It is just the family search website that seems to have the problem. I can also log into the indexing program and do indexing.

Re: New.familysearch.org

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:46 am
by aebrown
meljohnson wrote:It is just the family search website that seems to have the problem. I can also log into the indexing program and do indexing.

The fact that you can log into the indexing program means that you have a valid FamilySearch account (which is linked to your LDS Account so that it uses the same username and password, but is indeed a separate account). So it's quite unusual that you would not be able to sign into familysearch.org. I'd recommend that you call FamilySearch for help (866-406-1830).

Re: New.familysearch.org

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:44 pm
by nancy_mcclelland
I had important information on newfamilysearch.org that did not transfer to familysearch.org. How do I access the info that was on newfamilysearch.org , as that was the only place I had stored that information. I am in great hopes that records of that site are stored and viable.
Thank you so very very much for you kind assistance!! Nancy : )
My email is: [Moderator edit: email address redacted. Please remember this is a public forum.]

Re: New.familysearch.org

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:39 am
by davesudweeks
nancy_mcclelland wrote:I had important information on newfamilysearch.org that did not transfer to familysearch.org. How do I access the info that was on newfamilysearch.org , as that was the only place I had stored that information. I am in great hopes that records of that site are stored and viable.
Thank you so very very much for you kind assistance!! Nancy : )
My email is: [Moderator edit: email address redacted. Please remember this is a public forum.]

I recommend you reach out to FamilySearch for assistance. It is not very likely that anyone on this user-to-user help forum will be able to solve your problem. Log in to FamilySearch.org and then click on the ? icon in the upper right corner (near your name). You can search the help center from there or at the bottom of the window there is a "Contact Us" Link.