"Take a Name"

cknutson
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:14 pm
Location: Alpine, Utah, United States

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby cknutson » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:30 pm

russellhltn wrote:
deanseila wrote: I have a question on the part of the app that asks for payment\donation. Where does this money go?

It goes to the person/company that wrote the app, just like other paid app.


That's right. All income generated by the Take a Name app goes to Kinpoint, Inc., the creator and distributor of Take a Name. Specifically the money covers server costs (there are out of pocket expenses generated every time anyone opens the app) as well as other normal software development and business expenses.

Tonytkt
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby Tonytkt » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:16 pm

what website do I go to to be able to do this from my PC or laptop?

cknutson
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:14 pm
Location: Alpine, Utah, United States

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby cknutson » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:35 am

Tonytkt wrote:what website do I go to to be able to do this from my PC or laptop?


At present Take a Name is only available as a smartphone app, so you'd have to have an Android or iPhone. There are plans for a desktop/browser version, but no firm deadline for that.

davesudweeks
Senior Member
Posts: 1325
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 8:16 pm
Location: Oklahoma, USA

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby davesudweeks » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:26 am

cknutson wrote:
Tonytkt wrote:what website do I go to to be able to do this from my PC or laptop?


At present Take a Name is only available as a smartphone app, so you'd have to have an Android or iPhone. There are plans for a desktop/browser version, but no firm deadline for that.


It works on non-phone tablets as well if they are Apple or Android. I don't have a smartphone, but was able to try it out on my Samsung tablet. (I'm not a current user - I uninstalled it as I like Hope Chest better for my needs.)

debbrajeannemason
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:42 pm

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby debbrajeannemason » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:44 pm

I can't find anywhere that tells me what the payment/donation amounts are for. Does each amount have a different purpose?

cknutson
New Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:14 pm
Location: Alpine, Utah, United States

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby cknutson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:10 pm

debbrajeannemason wrote:I can't find anywhere that tells me what the payment/donation amounts are for. Does each amount have a different purpose?


Nope. Same purpose. Just different levels of appreciation. :)

kjkofo
New Member
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:08 pm

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby kjkofo » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Is there a way to install 'Thak a Name' on my desk computer?

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15097
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby aebrown » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:06 am

kjkofo wrote:Is there a way to install 'Thak a Name' on my desk computer?

Not presently. See this earlier post.

sylfa
New Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby sylfa » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi,
I can not find the windows version for this good product. Please post the location to download this product.
Thanks,
Craig Smith

User avatar
aebrown
Community Administrator
Posts: 15097
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Sandy, Utah

Re: "Take a Name"

Postby aebrown » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:07 am

sylfa wrote:Hi,
I can not find the windows version for this good product. Please post the location to download this product.
Thanks,
Craig Smith

As has been mentioned a couple of times in this discussion, no desktop version of this app exists at this point. See this earlier post.


Return to “FamilySearch Products”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest