How to get MRN online

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: How to get MRN online

Post by russellhltn »

Stahl6477 wrote:But I'm really trying to join the Branford Fl, ward, and was trying to get it the fastest way.
Only in exceptional cases is that needed. Typically, the clerk only needs the full name and birthdate to locate your membership record and get it moved into the ward.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Mikerowaved
Community Moderators

Post by Mikerowaved »

Stahl6477 wrote:...But I'm really trying to join the Branford Fl, ward...
Here's a link from LDS Maps for the Branford Ward. Try giving the bishop a call or drop in on Sunday.
So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
bsusan83

Post by bsusan83 »

zuesocegueda wrote:How can i get my mrn number
I was baptized at the butler ward 27 in 1978 or 1979. How can I find my mrn?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

bsusan83 wrote:
zuesocegueda wrote:How can i get my mrn number
I was baptized at the butler ward 27 in 1978 or 1979. How can I find my mrn?
Same question, same answer:
jdlessley wrote:If you already have a member LDS Account (an LDS Account associated with your MRN) then you can log onto LDS.org and go to the Directory. Select "My Household" in the left column and under your name in the right column click the "Show Record Number" link.

However, if you do not have a member LDS Account or haven't created an LDS Account, you will have to contact the ward clerk for your ward to get your MRN.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

Reshellshea

Post by Reshellshea »

My sister would like her membership number but does not want to go to church or talk to Ward clerk. Is there another way to get the number like calling in to church headquarters or something? She hasn't been active since she was a teenager.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Reshellshea wrote:My sister would like her membership number but does not want to go to church or talk to Ward clerk. Is there another way to get the number like calling in to church headquarters or something? She hasn't been active since she was a teenager.
Not that we've been made aware of.

Keep in mind that MRNs have some personal financial implications, so you may find people reluctant to hand them out unless they can verify the person's identity. That's going to be a bit difficult over the phone. Even more difficult if she's been inactive so long such that they don't have current information.

lajackson
Community Moderators

Re: Henry Fallah. I need my MRM

Post by lajackson »

fallahhenry646@yahoo.com wrote:Can I get my MRN number
Your ward clerk will be able to help you obtain your membership record number.
ppgreggrichardson

Post by ppgreggrichardson »

Friends - I think we're missing the essence of the question here: "How does one obtain their membership record number WITHOUT having to contact a local leader?" This is an important question for so many who were baptized but now not participating in a ward and either (a) do not know where their membership records reside, or (b) would prefer not to attract attention from local leaders. We see this often (including the first post in this thread) when someone would like to take full advantage of all the tools and experiences offered to Church members on FamilySearch. Telling them to look it up in Tools will not help either, because they can't sign into Tools without a Church account, which typically requires a membership record number. Any help you can give is greatly appreciated.
drepouille

Post by drepouille »

If they have ever had a temple recommend, and still have the physical item, they can get their MRN from that. The requirement to contact their clerk is a solid security issue, which needs to be enforced.
Dana Repouille, Plattsmouth, Nebraska
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

ppgreggrichardson wrote:Friends - I think we're missing the essence of the question here: "How does one obtain their membership record number WITHOUT having to contact a local leader?"
You might as well ask "How dos one obtain their Social Security Number online?" There are places you can find where you've used it in in the past (such as tax forms), but you just can't just go to ssa.gov and look it up. To make that freely available would facilitate identity theft.

The same goes with the MRN. If you've got an old Temple Recommend or an IOS, you can find it there. Likewise, if you previously put your MRN into your Church Account, there's places you can find it on-line by logging into that account. If a member of your household has an account with the MRN, they might be able to look it up in Member Tools. I'm not sure how far that extends. Perhaps to spouses and parents of minor children, but I'm sure there are limits to that ability.

But if that's not available, then contacting the local leaders is the only authorized path left.

Just as a reminder, this is user-to-user support. It is not a place to advocate for a change in church policy. The people who make those decisions don't visit here.

Return to “Church Account”