LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: LDS Account Membership Record Numbers

Post by russellhltn »

Elizabbryson wrote:My daughter created an account for herself that she deleted. When I went to set up her account it says her membership record has been deleted and we can’t set up a new account
I suggest you talk to your ward clerk. Your statement contains a number of inconsistencies. Only support can delete an account. Only the clerk can delete a membership record number.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
joseph_r_jones@hotmail.com

Post by joseph_r_jones@hotmail.com »

I have been inactive but want to return. How do I find my member number
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joseph_r_jones@hotmail.com wrote:I have been inactive but want to return. How do I find my member number
You'll have to contact your ward clerk. That may require him getting information so as to move your records into the ward.

You can locate what ward applies to you by going to maps.churchofjesuschrist.org

Since the MBR is part of proving who you are, there's no way you can find it on-line until you have an account with your MBR.

Welcome back.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Princess1951

Post by Princess1951 »

[Personal information removed - this is a public forum]
Last edited by russellhltn on Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Princess1951, He needs to talk to the ward clerk.

T.olson20

Post by T.olson20 »

Hi,
I am trying to add my Membership Number to my account that I have access to.
However, it is already tied to an account that I don't have access to. I've tried to do the account recovery and I put in the email that my membership number is tied up to but it won't send me an email.
Is there any way I can transfer my Membership Number to my account that I have access to?
Thank you for your help
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

T.olson20 wrote:...Is there any way I can transfer my Membership Number to my account that I have access to?
Thank you for your help
Please check this post for methods to contact the Global Services Department: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383#p187433

Otherwise, the most direct method is probably to contact your Ward Clerk and ask to be put in touch with the Global Services Department. They are the only ones who can merge accounts.
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

T.olson20 wrote:Hi,
...Is there any way I can transfer my Membership Number to my account that I have access to?
Thank you for your help
We just released a new way to recover your account. If you'd be willing to try it, navigate to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/recovery and select the third option: "Church Membership Information". It will then prompt you for your MRN and Birthdate. After entering that, it'll look up your account and display an obfuscated phone number and/or email address that is listed on your account. It will also let you know if either of those need to be verified first and will give you that option as well. You should then be able to select one of those and continue Account Recovery.

Once complete, you should be able to sign in to the account that has your membership information attached to it. From there you'll need to decide which of the two accounts to use/keep. For either of them, you can change the username of the account or delete it on the Personal Information page. If you delete either of them, you'll lose things such as annotations in the Gospel Library and other account-specific things. If you delete the account that has your membership information on it, it may take a day or so for the delete to cycle through the systems before you can try to apply your membership information to your other account.

Note: This Recovery Option will not work if you are in a leadership position with access to sensitive information or a church employee.
joyceaidoo

Post by joyceaidoo »

I am having a problem with my church record number and preventing my Branch President to endorse my PEF. I need assistance on how to correct this.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

joyceaidoo wrote:I am having a problem with my church record number and preventing my Branch President to endorse my PEF. I need assistance on how to correct this.
Because this is (only) a user-to-user discussion forum, there's no guarantee anyone who can help you will see your post. There are some suggestions in the 'please read first' thread at the top of the Church Account forum: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=30383 If those suggestions do not help, please talk with your ward/branch clerk or use the 'Feedback' link/button to request help on the official help/support channel.

Return to “Church Account”