LDS Account Password Policies

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
HeapD

Re: LDS Account Password Policies

Postby HeapD » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:04 pm

I need to send an email from my outlook account, but have never set up a password. How do I do that?

BrMike92615Prindle

Postby BrMike92615Prindle » Tue May 21, 2019 12:05 pm

At home I have my church account password saved to my computers. I may not enter it for months at a time. I usually have it on a card in my wallet for when I am using the Family History Center computers. Every once in a while I will loose the card and need to reset my password. When that happens, I then go home and reset my password on my home computers. Something I have done in the last round of this situation has me locked out of my account on our Family History Center computers. I can not find who or where I make contact to solve this problem. Does someone out there have an answer?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm

BrMike92615Prindle wrote:Something I have done in the last round of this situation has me locked out of my account on our Family History Center computers. I can not find who or where I make contact to solve this problem. Does someone out there have an answer?

Too many tries with a bad password will cause a lockout. From what I've been told, lockouts are only for 15 minutes. Wait 15 minutes before trying again and make sure you have the right password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”