Mobile phone verification issue with google voice

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
burnside

Re: Mobile phone verification issue with google voice

Postby burnside » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:34 am

I also cannot receive the verification text through my google voice number. PLEASE fix.

charles.r.douglas

Postby charles.r.douglas » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Having this problem, as well. Google # not getting verification code when updating contact info and attempting to activate additional 2FA.

From the number of threads with this issue, is this on someone's list of todos to fix?

kristinchristenson1
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby kristinchristenson1 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:26 pm

Google Voice is not supported by the Church's SMS system. If your Google Voice number has been ported from a carrier, it MAY work but it depends on the number and the carrier it was ported from. Regardless, the official position is that Google Voice numbers are not supported at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience!

nicole0424

Postby nicole0424 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:08 pm

kristinchristenson1 wrote:Google Voice is not supported by the Church's SMS system. If your Google Voice number has been ported from a carrier, it MAY work but it depends on the number and the carrier it was ported from. Regardless, the official position is that Google Voice numbers are not supported at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Thank you for the info. I'm unfortunately seeing it too late but that's okay! Can I make a suggestion for clarity? I just tried to help register my kiddo with a Voice number --and a slight email typo to boot. So because during the registration process one avenue to activate her account was already moot, (mobile number) and the email accidentally wasn't going to work either, I can't get in enough at the least to update her email. Just a bummer for now. Please pass along: a spot during registration on the cache for entering a phone number that *Google Voice is not supported* and even better a little (i) to click explaining in a sentence or two it is a technical logistic related to the carrier service. Thanks kindly for the tech supports. :)

Return to “Church Account”