Can't login, can't reset password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
ladawn250

Can't login, can't reset password

Post by ladawn250 »

Please help! I've reset my password several times, and each time it tells me it's incorrect. I can't get in! Oddly, it let me sign in here, but it won't allow me to at lds.org. I've tried their suggestion of clearing all the browser history several times, but it still won't let me in regardless of how many times I try to reset my password. Any suggestions? My username is correct.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Can't login, can't reset password

Post by russellhltn »

You might try waiting a half hour or longer after the change.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
srdensley

Post by srdensley »

I am resetting my daughter's password and when I get to the point of entering the new password and confirming the new password, I click the submit button and it does nothing.
wengun

Post by wengun »

Has anyone had success in resolving this issue? I was able to use my user name and password to log in here, so I know it's correct, but I can't log into the actual site and I can't sync my lds tools because it keeps telling me my user name or password are incorrect. I deleted my browser history as suggested, but still can't log in. Does anyone have a solution that worked?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

wengun wrote:I can't sync my lds tools because it keeps telling me my user name or password are incorrect.
LDS Tools and some sites require that you have a MRN associated with your account. Go to ldsaccount.lds.org and make sure there's a MRN attached.

One does not have to be a member to log into this forum.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
johnmecham

Post by johnmecham »

This won't be helpful. But I have tried to reset my password three times over the last 8 years, and it has been a nightmare every time. I never get the email sent when I select "need help logging in" and never get the code to my cell phone when it says it's going to. I wish somebody who wrote the code for the forgot password feature would QA their code --- multiple devices and browsers. I feel bad getting frustrated with this feature, but if I had this experience just once, anywhere, I wouldn't get frustrated. I've had the experience roughly three times, and all three times have been with lds.org.

There is definitely an issue.
cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Post by cstaber »

johnmecham wrote:This won't be helpful. But I have tried to reset my password three times over the last 8 years, and it has been a nightmare every time. I never get the email sent when I select "need help logging in" and never get the code to my cell phone when it says it's going to. I wish somebody who wrote the code for the forgot password feature would QA their code --- multiple devices and browsers. I feel bad getting frustrated with this feature, but if I had this experience just once, anywhere, I wouldn't get frustrated. I've had the experience roughly three times, and all three times have been with lds.org.

There is definitely an issue.
We just released a new way to recover your account. If you'd be willing to try it, navigate to https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/recovery and select the third option: "Church Membership Information". It will then prompt you for your MRN and Birthdate. After entering that, it'll look up your account and display an obfuscated phone number and/or email address that is listed on your account. It will also let you know if either of those need to be verified first and will give you that option as well. You should then be able to select one of those and continue Account Recovery.

Note: This option will not work for those in leadership positions with access to sensitive information or church employees.
caroway

Post by caroway »

Those in leadership positions need to have a password that is at least 12 characters long. The help phone number for people in leadership positions is (855) 537-4357.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

caroway wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:53 pm The help phone number for people in leadership positions is (855) 537-4357.
That true for US/Canada. The full list of contacts can be found at Global Services Department

rtchester

Post by rtchester »

I've tried to help a member in my ward retrieve his account at https://account.churchofjesuschrist.org/recovery using his MRN, the email address listed for him in Tools, and his mobile phone number (also listed in Tools). Each option gives a message that reads, "An account matching the information you entered was not found. Please double-check to ensure your data was entered correctly." Any recommendation for next steps?

Return to “Church Account”