Changing email address

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
pminch

Changing email address

Post by pminch »

I changed my email address in the contact information, and I receive emails from lds.org on this new address. But when I send an email to someone using the address in the directory, it sends from my old (inactivated) email address. How can I get that changed?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Changing email address

Post by russellhltn »

pminch wrote:But when I send an email to someone using the address in the directory, it sends from my old (inactivated) email address.
The webpage is simply making a "call" (using the "mailto" command) to whatever the default email program on your computer is. You need to update your computer with the new email address so "mailto" calls up the correct email box.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
Ramasela

Post by Ramasela »

[personal email address removed. The forum is public and anyone with internet access can view it]
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

@Ramasela,
Contact your ward clerk, assistant ward clerk, or assistant ward clerk-membership to edit your email address if you do not know how to do it yourself through the online Directory or through Member Tools.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
HollyWood2122

Re: how can I Changing email address to a new email address

Post by HollyWood2122 »

I tried going into my setting to change my old email to a new one but it is not working
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: how can I Changing email address to a new email address

Post by russellhltn »

HollyWood2122 wrote:I tried going into my setting to change my old email to a new one but it is not working
Can you be a little more specific?
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
JanetMendez

Post by JanetMendez »

My church email is showing private I don’t want it to be that way. My username is JanetMendez
Email address is [private information removed]
Please remove the orange lock from my account.

Thank you
[private information removed]
Last edited by russellhltn on Sat May 14, 2022 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal information - this is a public form
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

JanetMendez wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:31 am My church email is showing private I don’t want it to be that way. My username is JanetMendez
Email address is [private information removed]
Please remove the orange lock from my account.
You, or your clerk can do this:
  • Go to Ward Directory and Map
  • Find yourself in the directory and click on it
  • click on the blue circular pencil icon (lower right in left column)
  • Click on "privacy" in the tool bar near the top of the left column)
Note that nothing can be less private than the Household setting.

lfarr99

Post by lfarr99 »

I have the same problem of the Orange Private setting. It will not let me change that setting when I use the Blue Pencil changing everything from Private to member visibility and clicking Save. It says that it accepted the change but it is still showing Private setting and everything in Orange. Help!
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

lfarr99 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 1:48 pm I have the same problem of the Orange Private setting. It will not let me change that setting when I use the Blue Pencil changing everything from Private to member visibility and clicking Save. It says that it accepted the change but it is still showing Private setting and everything in Orange. Help!
What is the Household Privacy setting set to? Nothing in your household can be less restrictive than the Household setting.

Return to “Church Account”