Select Country

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
dentoncoon

Re: Select Country

Postby dentoncoon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:43 am

I am having the same issue. "This workforce field is read-only" and cannot change the country. This now a real issue because "hacker" asked lds.org for my username. I need and want two step security.

andrewjtryon

Postby andrewjtryon » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:40 pm

larseneric wrote:The country field on the Personal Information tab at https://ldsaccount.lds.org/personalInformation is required. It now (looking at the other comments) has a list of countries to choose from. When I select "United States" and click on save, I receive an error message: "This workforce field is read-only." It won't let me save the form.

Exact same issue. I've also recently been called as a ward clerk, and I need a more secure password than what I have. Can't make any changes until this issue is resolved, though.

jamicanfuentes

Re: Philippines

Postby jamicanfuentes » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:36 pm

I have the same issue here, unable to change the country section, whenever i select Philippines, I receive an error message: “ this workforce field is read-only. what should i do? I needed to change the password within 24hrs :( i just newly retrieve my account form GSC.

oterojf

Postby oterojf » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:13 am

Today is August 16 and this problem persists!

Is the Church Technology department aware?

I will try contacting them directly. I used to be a temple assistant recorder volunteer and this kind of problem was typically resolved within a couple of days of the right person learning about it.

nmecantwin73

Postby nmecantwin73 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:13 pm

jamicanfuentes wrote:i just newly retrieve my account form GSC.

You might want contact them again and specifically let them know the country needs updating on your account.

oterojf wrote:Is the Church Technology department aware?

Yes, they are aware of the issue are working to resolve it. It seems to be affecting many S&I personnel.

quinnk

Postby quinnk » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:15 pm

I am getting this message (below) in red

Country
This workforce field is read-only.

I have tried opening all the tabs and it won't let me past this box. tried 3 days in a row now and on different computers and devices.
What do i do. Im a seminary teacher and need it to work asap!!

lajackson
Community Moderators

Postby lajackson » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:03 pm

Ask your ward clerk to help you contact the Global Service Center. They are able to fix it for you.

Return to “Church Account”