Page 1 of 1

Cannot sign in using Chrome

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:53 am
by KGBurton
Chrome is my preferred browser. I have used it almost daily to access FamilySearch.org. After the FamilySearch update a couple of days ago, I cannot sign in to my lds account (I don't know if my problem is related to that or not).

FamilySearch.org, LDS.org, and LDSChurch.org are in my whitelist for popups.

When I go to FamilySearch.org to login, it sends me to this URL: https://ident.lds.org/sso/UI/Login?serv ... lang%3Deng

and I see
Screenshot - 2019-01-08 , 10_31_39 AM.png
(28.95 KiB) Not downloaded yet


When I click the Sign In button after entering my login information, it sends me to this URL: https://l14086.ldschurch.org/sso/UI/Login
and I see
Screenshot - 2019-01-08 , 10_31_56 AM.png
Screenshot - 2019-01-08 , 10_31_56 AM.png (12.52 KiB) Viewed 790 times


It clearly isn't my computer (or antivirus) or my network router or connection because I didn't have any trouble logging in to submit this using Microsoft Edge.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thank you,
Ken

Re: Cannot sign in using Chrome

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:03 am
by haddoj
I also am getting this for the past month or two using chrome on windows 10. I can log in using chrome on m android device, or any other browser on my win10 device. I have disabled my ad-block on the browser without effect, I even disabled my DNS based content filter with no effect. This is very annoying

Re: Cannot sign in using Chrome

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:35 am
by haddoj
haddoj wrote:I also am getting this for the past month or two using chrome on windows 10. I can log in using chrome on m android device, or any other browser on my win10 device. I have disabled my ad-block on the browser without effect, I even disabled my DNS based content filter with no effect. This is very annoying


I uninstalled Chrome, rebooted and then reinstalled and things are working now

Re: Cannot sign in using Chrome

Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:36 am
by rmrichesjr
Deleting cookies and clearing browser caches is often helpful, because sometimes cookies and/or cache get corrupted, which can cause a lot of very odd symptoms. If that does not solve the problem, please use the 'Feedback' button/link to report the problem and request official help with it. In your message/report, please state that you have already tried deleting cookies and clearing browser caches--else the initial response to your report will most likely be a suggestion to try that.