Personal information on lds.org account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
joleenjordan

Personal information on lds.org account

Post by joleenjordan »

I recently was married and have a last name change. The name, address, and email change was made in church records and in my profile as a Temple worker. I also was able to go to Personal Information here on my LDS account and change my "display name" however it will not allow me to change my "Last Name", it remains my previous name. I was able to change my user name and email but I can't seem to find a way to update or whatever in order for my last name to be my legal last name now.
monkeynaleo

Re: Personal information on lds.org account

Post by monkeynaleo »

In order to update your last name, you need to talk to your ward clerk. He can help you to change it.
joleenjordan

Post by joleenjordan »

I believe what is happening is because of my Temple recommend. My name in the computer system for my recommend is my previous name and even though I got married and sealed the reccomend was issued to my previous name. All other computer changes have been made. In order to fix this issue, I have to go through another Temple reccomend interview and be issued another reccomend with my married name on it.... otherwise my previous name will remain on the scanner screen at the Temple and on my LDS account for two years until I get a new reccomend.
eblood66

Post by eblood66 »

For some reason the Last Name that shows up in the Personal Information of LDS Account doesn't update when the membership updates (at least not always). You'll probably need your ward clerk to contact the global service center and ask them to make the change.
joleenjordan

Post by joleenjordan »

I had the Stake Clerk do that and they say it's because of my Temple Recommend and I have to get a new one.....
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

joleenjordan wrote:I had the Stake Clerk do that and they say it's because of my Temple Recommend and I have to get a new one.....
That's a new one on me. I wonder if support told him that or if he's guessing.

I do know the name on the account doesn't change automatically with the membership records. Apparently, the clerk has to contact support to have them update that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

joleenjordan wrote:I had the Stake Clerk do that and they say it's because of my Temple Recommend and I have to get a new one.....
That is not the reason, although it is a good idea to get a new recommend, because when your ward clerk gets your name properly fixed, it will not match the name written on your recommend and the temple will question it when you visit.

Your name is in four places in the membership record system. Ask your clerk to check all four, particularly your household name. That is the one that usually gets missed.
Mortus

Post by Mortus »

When we came back from our mission a few months ago T-Mobile had dropped our old telephone numbers, and issued us new ones. When I go to my lds.org account to change my telephone number, after I press "save" I'm told that the number is already in use on another account (it's in LDS Tools), and then sends a verification code to my old number, which probably startles the person who now has it, but does me absolutely no good.

How do a change the old number to the new one?

Return to “Church Account”