Landline use vs cell number

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
tylr1961

Landline use vs cell number

Post by tylr1961 »

Hello,

I have recently gone online to change my mobile number to a landline number. Your system doesn't seem to want to do so because I can't verify via mobile number.

How can I do this?
Thank you so much!
Christine Taylor
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Re: Landline use vs cell number

Post by rmrichesjr »

Because this is a user-to-user mutual-support forum rather than an officially staffed help desk, there's no guarantee anyone who can answer or help will see this thread. In order to be sure to get the attention of someone who can help, please use the 'Feedback' button or link on the page nearest to the issue. Meanwhile, in case it might be of some help, based on my limited understanding of how the system works, it might help if you disable two-factor authentication and/or remove your mobile number as a 2FA mechanism. I'm not certain of the details of whether that will work, but it might be worth a try in the meantime.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Landline use vs cell number

Post by russellhltn »

You didn't say where you set it. For your account, I think it has to be a cell number. But you may be able to change your number in the directory.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”