Church Account Personal Information First Name Wrong

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Aurora935

Church Account Personal Information First Name Wrong

Post by Aurora935 »

I just created an account for my daughter. I used her MRN and her birthdate. The account on lds.org under Church Account, Personal Information, shows my first name, not hers. She's still listed correctly in the household information on LDS Tools, and Family Tree has her correct first name. There is no option to change her name on the Personal Information page. I was able to change how her name is displayed, but it still shows my name as her name. How can this be corrected?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Church Account Personal Information First Name Wrong

Post by russellhltn »

First step is to ask your ward clerk/membership clerk for a IOS for her. With that, you can verify how the name appears on the church records. Only the clerk can change it.

But the other thing to check is to make sure you're really using her MRN and not yours on that account.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”