Is The Church SSO login available for external sites?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
michae1ho11ey

Is The Church SSO login available for external sites?

Post by michae1ho11ey »

I'm not sure where this question should go, but this category made the most sense to me. If there is a better place to post hopefully the mods can move it to the right one. Now onto the question!

Can I use The Church's SSO login system to authenticate into an external app? I'm looking into a POC of creating a ward/stake Nextcloud instance to securely manage ward assets and communication (getting away from Dropbox and Facebook use). The service supports different authentication systems (OAuth & OpenID) or write your own, if needed. Allowing ward members to authenticate using their church username/password they already have would make the friction for this service significantly less.

Any details on this subject would very much be appreciated.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Is The Church SSO login available for external sites?

Post by russellhltn »

michaelwholley wrote:Can I use The Church's SSO login system to authenticate into an external app?
In a word, no.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”