Membership number or birthdate invalid

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
lindaeastley

Membership number or birthdate invalid

Post by lindaeastley »

I am updating my account information under lds.org

I keep getting an error that one or both is invalid (I’ve triple checked and info is correct) or that an account already exists. I haven’t signed up for any other accounts so am confused. Has anyone else run into this challenge?
NICHOLASKYLENALLY

Re: Membership number or birthdate invalid

Post by NICHOLASKYLENALLY »

I need help with my son's account that gives me this notice when I try to update his membership number
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

The first step is to make sure the MRN is accurate. (Temple recommends can be wrong) You want to be looking at the computer print out.

The alternative is that an account already exists. It may have been created for access to FamilySearch or some other church program. If you can't recover the account name by using the "Forgot your username?" link at the login page, you'll have to ask your ward clerk/warm membership clerk to put you in contact with support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
BrianRamos

Post by BrianRamos »

ALL high school seminary students are being asked to sign into their account, many have forgotten their information. The Help Center, has been unHelpful because they won't respond to inquiries (only available through an online request form). So it's unfortunate that the Church doesn't have better customer service on this end. I would guess that 100's of young men and young women are having this issue because of the recent change in seminary to track reading online. Is there a call center for Help? All of the recovery options are not available for my sons account, both Username and Password...so what's next?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

BrianRamos wrote:...so what's next?
Ask your ward clerk for contact information for support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
davesudweeks

Post by davesudweeks »

BrianRamos wrote:ALL high school seminary students are being asked to sign into their account, many have forgotten their information. The Help Center, has been unHelpful because they won't respond to inquiries (only available through an online request form). So it's unfortunate that the Church doesn't have better customer service on this end. I would guess that 100's of young men and young women are having this issue because of the recent change in seminary to track reading online. Is there a call center for Help? All of the recovery options are not available for my sons account, both Username and Password...so what's next?
There is no public call center for help, as I understand. Has your son reached out to his clerk for assistance in recovering his password? First line tech support in the church is the ward or branch clerk (this is why I read EVERY post on these user-to-user help forums - as a clerk, I learn a lot). The clerk has the ability to seek assistance from the stake clerk or the Service Center. It is my experience that in most cases, the Service Center is very helpful AFTER the clerk is unable to resolve it and reaches out to them on behalf of the member.

Return to “Church Account”