HELP WITH MEMBERSHIP RECORD!!!

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Whitlock1999

HELP WITH MEMBERSHIP RECORD!!!

Post by Whitlock1999 »

When I was in middle school, my ward had us use our church accounts for family history. I didn't know my membership number and so my leader told me to register as a non member (I have been a member all of my life!) Now that I have my membership number I have tried inputting it into my account but it says that I already have an account under that number. I can't remember any login information for my number and so I have been registered as a non member for about 8 years! Is there a way I can combine my two accounts or at least get the information for my old account that actually says I am a member?????
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: HELP WITH MEMBERSHIP RECORD!!!

Post by jdlessley »

Your ward clerk can get you the telephone number to put you into contact with the global service department (GSD). Have your MRN ready to work with the GSD find your member Church Account.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
Ejectthompson

Post by Ejectthompson »

I have my membership number but I don’t know how to update it.
rmrichesjr
Community Moderators

Post by rmrichesjr »

Ejectthompson wrote:I have my membership number but I don’t know how to update it.
Can you be a little more precise about what you're trying to update? Lacking that information, the best suggestion would be to talk with your ward clerk.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

Ejectthompson wrote:I have my membership number but I don’t know how to update it.
I assume you want to add it to your account.

Go to settings.churchofjesuschrist.org. I think it's the "Membership" tab on the left.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
LCordova57

Post by LCordova57 »

the ward clerk is unable to assist me. I am trying to log in and its saying that my membership number already exists. Still I cannot log in or have access to any church tools. [Personal information removed] can you help me.
Last edited by russellhltn on Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Personal information removed - this is a public forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

LCordova57 wrote:the ward clerk is unable to assist me. I am trying to log in and its saying that my membership number already exists. Still I cannot log in or have access to any church tools. [Personal information removed] can you help me.
Ask the clerk to give you the number for the Global Service Desk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”