+ symbol in the email address field in my church account

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
cookecitysky

+ symbol in the email address field in my church account

Postby cookecitysky » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:24 am

Hi,

Would it be possible for the settings to be changed in order to allow the + symbol to be added in the email address field for the churchofjesuschrist.org online accounts? It's a really slick way gmail (and possibly other mail servers do this) can improve your email filtering, so that all of your email for your calling get sorted.

E.g. My husband was just called into a bishopric. He wants to edit the email address field on his church account to be his usual email address and then a +[wardname]. In his case, his email address would then be: [first name].[last name]+[wardname]@gmail.com

Can you change the field rules so that a + symbol will be allowed?

sbradshaw

Re: + symbol in the email address field in my church account

Postby sbradshaw » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:02 am

Where are you entering the email address, that the "+" isn't accepted? I have a test Church Account with "+testing" added before "@gmail.com" in my email address, and it didn't stop me from saving it (Account.ChurchofJesusChrist.org > Email Address).
Samuel Bradshaw • If you desire to serve God, you are called to the work.

Return to “Church Account”