Need to reset USERNAME

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
capsons

Need to reset USERNAME

Post by capsons »

We can't find anywhere on the website where you can reset your username! My daughter is trying to register for seminary and has no idea what her username is. We do know her member number, but that doesn't seem to help with USERNAME. We've reset her password, but still cannot get in. Since she set up an account when she was 12 or 13, she doesn't remember which username she used. We've tried several of her commonly used USERNAMES, but to no avail. Please help! *note, we have gone to the FAQ's, the HELP section, etc. This particular problem must not be a frequent one!
mrnonaustralianguy

Re: Need to reset USERNAME

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

I would recommend contacting the Global Service Center. You can do this from the Church account help center.
Jeremy 🎶
mrnonaustralianguy

Post by mrnonaustralianguy »

I am kind of confused, because I remember being able to find my username.
Jeremy 🎶
jdlessley
Community Moderators

Post by jdlessley »

capsons wrote:My daughter is trying to register for seminary and has no idea what her username is.
If you can remember the mobile phone number or email address used to create the account you can click My Account and Ward on the https://churchofjesuschrist.org home page and click Account Settings. Do not attempt to sign in. At the sign-in page click the Need help signing in? link. Now you should see another link appear titled I forgot my username or password. Click that link and choose one of the recovery methods. Once your get the reset code and enter it you will be taken the Change Password page. Just below the title of the page is the username.

If you followed the procedures I just mentioned you may have overlooked the username provided below the Change Password page title.

Should she want to change the username after the account has been recovered she can go to the Church Account page, sign in, and change her username in the Personal Information section.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center or Tech Wiki?
djcampos

Post by djcampos »

is there a phone number for the Church Account support Center?
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Post by russellhltn »

djcampos wrote:is there a phone number for the Church Account support Center?
You'll have to ask your ward clerk/ward membership clerk for that.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”