Can't get youth account reset for Seminary login.

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
bdelorey

Can't get youth account reset for Seminary login.

Postby bdelorey » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:57 am

Hello,

One of my students previous set up a Church account but can't remember her password. The student's recovery email is her mother's email address. When they go to request password reset for the daughter, the recovery email only offers to reset the mother's account password. They have tried to create a new account for the daughter but cannot because an account already exists for the user.

How do we resolve this situation?

Thanks.

eblood66

Re: Can't get youth account reset for Seminary login.

Postby eblood66 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:49 am

See this answer to the same basic question: https://tech.churchofjesuschrist.org/fo ... 92&t=37393

amylynn1980

Postby amylynn1980 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:14 pm

I’m having the exact same problem. Only, I’m not the seminary teacher. I’m the Mom.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:17 pm

amylynn1980 wrote:I’m having the exact same problem.

Exact same answer. Please read the post before yours.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

amylynn1980

Postby amylynn1980 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:15 pm

I resolved the problem by calling Lds global services. [Number removed]. There was a long wait time, so be ready for that.
Last edited by russellhltn on Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed support phone number. We can't post that publicly.

Hilohi

Postby Hilohi » Mon Aug 24, 2020 9:31 pm

My situation is a little different, but similar enough to piggyback on this thread. Anyway, I'm trying to reset the password for my daughter's account. We know her user name and her personal email address is associated with her account.

When we try to reset her password via the Account Recovery functionality, all she gets is an email that references back to the same Account Recovery page that we originally used. Is there any way to reset her password from the Church's website? I don't really want to wait a long time (as another poster mentioned) by calling Global Services if I don't have to.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:17 pm

Hilohi wrote:When we try to reset her password via the Account Recovery functionality, all she gets is an email that references back to the same Account Recovery page that we originally used.

I just tested it. If I click on the user name in the email, I'm taken to a page to enter my new password.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”