Retrieving account log in information

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
CarsonSPhillips

Retrieving account log in information

Post by CarsonSPhillips »

My son needs to sign in to his LDS account and doesn't know his password. The account verification isn't working. Nothing is sent to his phone or email. When I try to set up a new account it won't let me because there is one already open. He needs to be able to attach his seminary information to the BYUi application. How can we get access to his account? His email is [---removed---]. His password should be [---removed---]

Moderator note: Removed email and password. This is a public forum.
russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Retrieving account log in information

Post by russellhltn »

Doesn't Seminary use some on-line services? If so, it would be the same login/password as he uses for Seminary, FamilySearch, and pretty much all things church.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.
lajackson
Community Moderators

Post by lajackson »

If he is not able to access his member account, the next step is to contact the clerk, who will be able to put him in touch with the Global Services Department if needed.
BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards »

If you go to familysearch.org, you can recover/reset your LDS account via your MRN (Membership Record Number). It's interesting that familysearch.org has this additional recovery option, but the official church site does not.

I actually did this exact same thing for the exact same reason last week - a youth needed to recover his account for his BYU-I application, but wasn't getting the phone/email recovery. All your son will need is his record number, which is on his temple recommend or the clerk can easily provide.

Return to “Church Account”