New phone number - How do I change my 2FA when I can't login because I don't have the old number?

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
evangardner

New phone number - How do I change my 2FA when I can't login because I don't have the old number?

Postby evangardner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:39 pm

Goodday everyone,
My wife recently had to change her phone number. So now she has a new phone number, and when she tries logging into her account, it does the normal "verify by entering the SMS code." Which she can't do, because she no longer has that phone number. So, how can she get the number changed so she gets her 2FA correctly? As far as we can tell, she can't access anything online until she can get her 2FA working again.

Thank you,

Gardner

jdlessley
Community Moderators

Re: New phone number - How do I change my 2FA when I can't login because I don't have the old number?

Postby jdlessley » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:41 pm

Ask your ward clerk for the Global Service Department (GSD) telephone number. Your wife will need to speak with them and they will be able to change the account 2FA number.
JD Lessley
Have you tried finding your answer on the ChurchofJesusChrist.org Help Center?

evangardner

Re: New phone number - How do I change my 2FA when I can't login because I don't have the old number?

Postby evangardner » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:27 pm

Thanks! We will do that.

Return to “Church Account”