Duplicate Membership accounts online

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
Mikewo

Duplicate Membership accounts online

Postby Mikewo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:04 pm

Hello,

I am a Ward Clerk in my Ward and I have a member that is trying to work on her missionary paperwork online but is unable to access her account. She has two profile names one that she can log into but will not allow her to associate the membership number to and the other where she can not seem to log into and it reverts her to the other profile. It seems like the second profile has her membership information but the one she can log into does not. We need help merging the accounts so her can access her information to work on her mission paperwork. This is the first issue. Below are some of the steps we have taken and we have not had any good results which have lead to other issues we have found in reporting the first issue.

We tried resetting the profile and once we were logged into the first profile we would try to enter the members, membership number and it would say their was another profile with this information already. When we try to reset the second profile it redirects us to the first profile and we end up back where we started. I decided to reach out for help and I have tried to use the contact us in LCR to create a ticket and it redirects me to ServiceNow where it logs you out and says Logout Successful. I have also tried to use the Contact Support under the Account Help and after trying to submit the details for help, I just see a processing circle and the page never updates and never updates after several hours. I have tried with different browsers like Firefox and Edge and I get the same result each time. I'm sorry this is a long post with a couple different problems but I need to find a way to get the first issue resolved.

Thank you for your patience and help with this issue.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: Duplicate Membership accounts online

Postby russellhltn » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Look up the phone number for support (Global Service Desk - GSD) and pass that along to the member. They'll only work with the member, not the clerk.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Mikewo

Postby Mikewo » Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:42 pm

Thank you for your assistance. I have passed the number along to the member.

cstaber
Church Employee
Church Employee

Postby cstaber » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:53 am

The Contact Support form found on the Church Account Help page should now work correctly.

lrolfson1

Postby lrolfson1 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:20 pm

I have 2 accounts on Family History. Can I combine the two of them?

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Postby russellhltn » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:54 pm

lrolfson1 wrote:I have 2 accounts on Family History. Can I combine the two of them?

Not by yourself. In your case, I'd contact FamilySearch support. There should be a link on the website.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”