My church account password conflicts with FamilySearch.org password

Church Account is the primary user account (user name and password) for accessing online Church resources. Church Account was formerly known as LDS Account. This forum is a space to discuss all things related to Church Accounts (registration, account recovery, user experience, vulnerabilities, etc.).
slconder

My church account password conflicts with FamilySearch.org password

Postby slconder » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:27 pm

Hello,

I've been fighting a losing battle with my passwords for over a year now. I have my church login and password which I use almost daily. Whenever I use FamilySearch.org, I have to set up a new password, which resets my church account password. Then, when I use my church account, I have to set up a new password for it, which resets my Family Search password. It's a vicious cycle that's very frustrating and several times I've chosen not to do genealogy because of it.

I don't use a password manager for these accounts because of the annoyance of constantly updating them. There's nothing that I can see on my side that would be causing these problems. I tried to set them up with the same password - same issue. I tried totally different passwords - same issue. I get the same results using a computer, android, or iPhone. I get the same results using a VPN or not. I get the same results using the church wifi, church LAN, cellular wifi, home wifi, or home LAN. My wife and son have no issues with their accounts, so I have a feeling that there's some setting on my account that needs to be changed.

Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

russellhltn
Community Administrator

Re: My church account password conflicts with FamilySearch.org password

Postby russellhltn » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:40 pm

That's odd.

What you might try is when you get to the FamilySearch login page, click the button on the bottom that says "Sign in with Church Account". Otherwise, I'd think you need to contact support. You might start with FamilySearch support.
Have you searched the Help Center? Try doing a Google search and adding "site:churchofjesuschrist.org/help" to the search criteria.

So we can better help you, please edit your Profile to include your general location.

Return to “Church Account”